The Stenographer exam is conducted annually by the Staff Selection Commission. It is an All India level examination to recruit candidates for Grade C (non-gazetted post) and Grade D posts in various departments, ministries, and organizations of the Government of India.
Currently the recruitment of Stenographer 2019 exam is under process.
The basic educational qualification required by candidates to appear for this exam is passing the 12th board exam. Aspirants for the Steno exam must be aware that a huge number of candidates apply for the exam due to the leniency in the eligibility condition with respect to the minimum qualification. Hence, the stature of the preparation has to be the next level in order to crack the exam in the first attempt. Candidates are awaiting the SSC Stenographer Admit Card, the examination for which is scheduled from September 10th, 2020 onwards.
Therefore it is important to know a few handy tips for the preparation to crack the exam in the first attempt.
Important tips to Crack the Stenographer Exam
- Being thorough with the SSC Stenographer syllabus, having clarity on the strong concept of every topic covered in the syllabus is of utmost importance. Knowing the syllabus and exam pattern in-depth is vital as aspirants can dedicate their precious time to strengthening their conceptual knowledge on topics they are good at.
- Practice a lot of questions in a short span of time to score well. Remember, efficiency in solving speed is crucial to crack this exam. Always aim to solve the maximum number of questions with accuracy so that there are higher chances of clearing the exam in the first attempt.
- Acquiring skills from shortcut tricks and tactics to solve questions within a short span of time. Aspirants can take online help from relevant sources and websites. Also, they can talk to experts or experienced people.
- Big NO to guesswork. Aspirants are advised no to make wild guesses while marking the answers as this would reduce their overall score because of the incorrect answer, respectively.
- Always be updated on the daily affairs in the nation and world. Reading important newspapers, yearbooks and magazines upkeep the knowledge related to worldly affairs and hence helps to crack the general awareness section easily.
- The English section of the stenographer exam needs considerable practice. Aspirants need to work hard on the vocabulary and grammar sections. This can be improved by regularly reading, writing, going through world powers, learning new words, and practicing a lot on a daily basis.
- Regularly solving the question papers of previous years and taking up mock tests rigorously help aspirants improve on every aspect related to the exam, like pattern and scope, time management, speed, and accuracy, etc. thereby improving chances of success in the first attempt.
- Aspirants are advised to go through the trends of cut off scores from previous years. It helps to get an idea of minimum qualifying marks and the number of questions that need to be attempted in the exam. Candidates can check SSC Stenographer Cut Off here.
At the least, it is imperative to understand that success thrives only when our mind works fast, and to help the mind it is important for aspirants to be in a relaxed state and keep away from all distractions and stress zones. Keep these tips in mind, to ace the exam in the first attempt.