Class 11 is considered to be a crucial year in the life of a student. Students go through a transformation in this phase as they have to deal with the vast syllabus, textbooks, and subjects specific to the stream. So, to prepare effectively for Class 11, students should maintain a proper study schedule to distribute equal timings to all subjects. Class 11 is divided into three streams – Science, Commerce, and Arts. Each stream has its subjects respectively, and students should give equal importance to all subjects.
Exam preparation is always stressful and more challenging, which causes anxiety among students. To make the process less stressful, they should begin their exam preparation by going through the syllabus. CBSE Board provides syllabus of all the subjects such as CBSE syllabus for Class 11 Physics, Chemistry, Maths, etc. To help students, here we have provided some tips to prepare better for their exams. By going through these tips, they will understand how they should prepare effectively for the exam.
How Should Students Prepare For their Class 11 Exam?
- To score well in their Class 11 exam, they should be well-versed with their respective syllabus. By having a thorough knowledge of the syllabus, students can attempt all the exam questions. All the necessary study materials are prepared according to the syllabus prescribed by the Board.
- Once they complete the syllabus, they should start practicing the previous year question papers and sample papers. Sample papers are designed according to the question paper pattern. Previous year question papers give an idea of the question paper pattern, weightage of marks, essential topics, etc. So, students should solve sample papers as well as previous year papers to evaluate their preparation level.
- CBSE students should refer to NCERT textbooks to understand the important topics and concepts thoroughly. It will also help them clear their doubts, and even teachers also take help from the books inside the classroom to teach students.
- Students should prepare their own respective CBSE notes of all the chapters. These notes come in handy and cover all important topics and subtopics of all the chapters. Creating notes also helps in last-minute revision so that they don’t skip any essential topic from an exam perspective.
- Students should prepare a proper study plan as Class 11 consists of a vast syllabus. Strategizing an appropriate method of study will help them allocate time according to their interest. By doing so, they can give more time to the subjects they find difficult to understand.
- On a daily basis, students should make it a habit of revising the respective subject wise syllabus. They should make sure that they don’t miss out on any crucial topic. Revision makes students more confident while solving the exam question paper.
The tips mentioned above will help students to excel in their Class 11 exam. The marks obtained in Class 11 are crucial to getting promoted to the next class. Students can understand all the subjects’ marking scheme by referring to the CBSE marking scheme provided on the official website. The marking method will give an overview of essential topics so that they can prepare accordingly.